Although it is important to see the dentist when you have a toothache or when you damage one of your teeth, getting regular preventative dental care can keep many of these issues from developing. At Blue Turtle Dental, our preventative care services will maintain the health and appearance of smiles for the whole family.
Located in Palo Alto, California, Blue Turtle Dental is led by Dr. Kelekalani Scheel. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out how preventative dental care can help preserve your pearly whites.
What is Preventative Dental Care?
Brushing and flossing your teeth daily is the most important way to maintain the appearance and health of your smile, but seeing the dentist regularly is also important. Getting regular dental checkups and cleanings removes tartar and plaque buildup that can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
The American Dental Association recommends a minimum of two dental checkups a year to professionally clean your teeth and to also catch any tooth or gum concerns early on. Visiting the dentist twice a year can:
- Prevent extensive dental treatment or surgery later on and save money
- Remove plaque and buildup that cannot always be targeted with brushing and flossing alone
- Give you a better idea of the overall health of your teeth, as many dental conditions are painless at first
Why Choose Blue Turtle Dental for Your Preventative Dental Care?
At Blue Turtle Dental, we specialize in dental care for the whole family and take pride in restoring naturally white smiles for children, adults and the elderly. We use the latest in treatments and technology to accurately assess the condition of your teeth and restore your self-confidence in your smile.
In order to give you the best results, we use:
- Digital x-rays to get a clear, high-resolution picture of dental concerns that may not be visible to the naked eye, such as issues below the gum line and the development of cavities between the teeth
- Fluoride treatments to strengthen teeth and help prevent decay
- State-of-the-art technology such as our computer-controlled anesthesia delivery system to optimize results with less pain and anxiety during treatment
During your initial visit with Dr. Scheel, the conditions of your teeth and gums will be evaluated and a customized treatment plan will be created for you. Contact Blue Turtle Dental today to schedule a consultation and find out more about how preventative dental care can maintain the longevity of smiles for the whole family.